Ceph Management and Monitoring
openATTIC utilizes various technologies and frameworks to provide an easy to use web interface for the Ceph management and monitoring capabilities provided in version 3.x:
- Prometheus and Grafana (for monitoring and visualization), using Digital Ocean's Ceph Exporter for Prometheus for gathering the data
- DeepSea, a Salt-based framework for installing, configuring and managing a Ceph cluster (via the Salt REST API)
- NFS Ganesha (managed via DeepSea) for sharing Ceph storage via NFS
- lrbd (managed via DeepSea) for iSCSI target management
Based on these technologies, openATTIC supports managing the following resources of a Ceph cluster (running Ceph "Luminous"). Check out the live demo and see the openATTIC 3.x screenshot gallery for pictures.
- Dashboard: Monitor and visualize the overall health status and key performance metrics of the entire cluster via custom Grafana dashboards
- Ceph Pools: View, create, manage and monitor individual pools (both replicated and erasure coded pools, with and without compression)
- Ceph Pool Erasure code profile management
- Ceph Block devices (RBDs): view, create, manage and monitor RBDs
- iSCSI: manage iSCSI targets and portals, access control (requires DeepSea and lrbd)
- NFS: view, create and manage NFSv3 and NFSv4 shares on top of CephFS or S3 buckets (requires DeepSea and NFS Ganesha)
- Ceph Object Gateway (RGW): manage users, access keys, quotas and buckets (via the RADOS Gateway Admin Ops API)
- Ceph Node management: list all cluster nodes and their roles, monitor per-node key performance metrics
- Object Storage Daemon (OSD) management (view)
- CRUSH Map viewer
- Multi-user support
- API Recorder for easy application development/debugging
Missing a feature?
openATTIC is under active development. If you're missing a particular feature, please let us know!