Right on time before the holiday season, we're happy to announce a new beta release of openATTIC.
For this release, we fixed several bugs and usability issues in the GUI and extended the RESTful API test cases as well as the WebUI tests. Furthermore, the openATTIC backend code and RESTful API have been extended with the functionality to grow unformatted DRBD connections.
The documentation also received several updates. For example, we improved the instructions that describes how to set up and configure a development environment. The Ceph installation chapter was also slightly updated and promoted.
On the packaging side, we removed some obsolete package dependencies and made some fixes regarding some services like Samba, rpcbind and added the openattic-module-lio RPM package to the openattic meta RPM package dependencies.
The openATTIC backend will now load some additional iSCSI-related kernel modules, which should fix some "fabric iscsi not loaded" errors that were observed during testing.
Starting with openATTIC version 2.0.5, we have switched to a different process for submitting and accepting code contributions. We now use the "signed-off-by" procedure that was originally developed by the Linux kernel community. For more information, please see openATTIC Contributing Guidelines and our related blog post.
We would like to thank everyone who contributed to this release!
Please note that 2.0.5 is still a beta version. As usual, handle with care and make sure to create backups of your data!
Your feedback, ideas and bug reports are very welcome. If you would like to get in touch with us, consider joining our openATTIC Users Google Group, visit our #openattic channel on irc.freenode.net or leave comments below this blog post.
See the list below for a more detailed change log and further references. The OP codes in brackets refer to individual Jira issues that provide additional details on each item. You can review these on our public Jira instance.
- Web UI: Fixed full screen mode. (OP-700)
- Web UI: Snapshots are sortable by 'create date' now (OP-814)
- Web UI: Fixed checking for a name that has been already taken while editing users or hosts. (OP-796)
- Web UI: Checking for an unique name for a new user now (OP-588)
- Web UI: Restrict unauthorized access to the UI (OP-748)
- Web UI: Deactivated menu entry "iSCSI/FC" for physical disks listed in volumes (OP-542)
- Web UI: Changed Dashboard, Disks, Pools, Volumes, System and API-Recorder icons to clearer ones
- WebUI/QA: Fixed user E2E test which did not work properly in chromium anymore (see OP-821)
- WebUI/QA: Added E2E test for creating a new user, app should warn about existing user names (OP-588)
- Web UI/QA: Added E2E test for bugfix OP-748 (Clicking the openATTIC icon on the login page bypasses the login prompt)
- Web UI/QA: Added E2E test for OP-542, relates to OP-597; Test checks that the storage tab isn't visible anymore for pysical disks (OP-789)
- Web UI/QA: Test to verify unique names in user and host editing mode (OP-797)
- Backend: Added loading of kernel modules "target_core_iblock" and "target_core_pscsi" to the LIO backend, to fix a "fabric iscsi not loaded" error observed on CentOS 7 (OP-722)
- Backend: Added RESTful API functionality to grow unformatted DRBD connections and related Gatling API tests (OP-667, OP-707)
- Installation: Removed dependency on the djextdirect Python module from the RPM and DEB packages, removed obsolete file backend/rpcd/extdirect.py (OP-784)
- Installation: Added call to start and enable the rpcbind service before starting the NFS server in the openattic-module-nfs RPM package (OP-786)
- Installation: Removed obsolete dependency on the Oxygen icon set from the RPM package dependencies (OP-787)
- Installation: Make sure to start and enable Samba when installing the openattic-module-samba RPM on RHEL7 and derivatives (OP-788)
- Installation: Updated the RPM package installation to no longer install all files as owned by the openattic user (OP-819)
- Packaging: Added openattic-module-lio to the openattic meta RPM package dependencies, moved dependency on python-rtslib from the openattic-base package to the openattic-module-lio RPM, as it's the only one that requires it (and to be in line with dependencies defined by the DEB packages)